Heating & Cooling System Installation
COEL Plumbing & Heating was recently commissioned to carry out a full design, supply and installation project at Quayside in Cambridge on behalf of Managing Agents, Cheffins.
The project included the installation of a new main boiler, chiller plant, ventilation and office air-conditioning units. On this occasion the building could not accommodate a traditional HVAC system, so the COEL Plumbing & Heating team designed a bespoke system which incorporated Versatemp units to all floors, served by a new energy loop pipe system.
The work had to be carried out whilst the site was live, with half the building’s offices occupied, so it was important that services where maintained at all times. Much of the major cut-in and isolation works were completed out of hours, with deliveries being organised at convenient times, so as not to disrupt working patterns.
The project included:
- Isolation and stripping out of the existing boiler plant
- Installation of new boilers, pumps, valves and pipe work
- New Versatemp energy loop throughout the building
- New Versatemp AC units
- New Adiabatic Chillers and external acoustic compound
- New BMS system
- Refurbishment of WC areas